The long, hot days of summer are the perfect excuse to dive into some wholesome and healthy salad recipes. My go-to salad throughout the summer is this wonderful salad that’s as easy to make as it is delicious to eat. Okay, I’ll admit it, this is probably my favorite salad … I make it all year long.
This is an easy salad to plan for, especially if you make the farmers markets a part of your weekly routine. Depending on the season, you can find most of the items available at any time. And with just a couple of items from your pantry, you’ll be eating (and enjoying) in no time.
- 1 bunch Kale (choose the type you like the best, I like dinosaur kale when I can find it)
- 1 small yellow pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 6 strips tempeh bacon, cooked
- 2 tablespoons honey (use bee free honey for vegan salad)
- 2 tablespoons coconut vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut kale into bite sized pieces, removing leaves from the stems. Cut yellow pepper into bit sized pieces. Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Place kale into large bowl. Remove avocado from skin and gently massage into kale pieces. Avocado should easily blend into kale leaves.
- Divide kale onto two plates. Equally distribute tomatoes and peppers onto plates. Crumble tempeh bacon into small pieces, and equally divide.
- For the honey dressing: combine honey, coconut vinegar and dijon mustard in small bowl until well blended. Salt and pepper according to taste.
- Spoon dressing over both salad plates.